Friday, April 22, 2011

The Last Day of $2 Challenge

Yo, what cha got man

This Bboy battle having taken place on campus was soothing for me
because
I've completed the challenge!!!

HELL YEEAAAH!!

Today was easy because the challenge called at 5pm. Campus KIVA was supposed to host a ending ceremony this evening but postponed it to next Monday. I don't know what the others did, but I interpreted it as the way I did.
I did not have cereal this morning, and had two bananas instead. My lunch went with 4 slices of bread and peanut butter.

My first decent food in these 5 days was


Pho :D



Alright, let's wrap up my challenge.

1st day: $0.58
2nd day: $1.99
3rd day: $1.92
4th day: $1.99
5th day: $1.03 (till 5pm)

Good Job huh?

What I thought through this challenge was NOT how hard it is to live on $2 a day; but it was that I can relatively easily survive with little money. Of course my meal plans sucked. But I could cook beans and potatoes (it's just that I don't like cooking).

Then what is a takeaway? I guess it's like "why do we spend so much money on food?" since we don't have to for survival. Is it because we need variety to distract ourselves? Or more about nutritious issues?

Well, it's over now, and I'm going back to my usual life filled with tasteless food. I actually will miss these days I had ramen everyday :) and I'm eating the rest of cereal now.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear that you're going back to live a healthier life though I sometimes eat nearly the same things when I don't want to cook...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you dare eat this kind of things regularly!! I know you are from a good family.

    ReplyDelete