Monday, April 18, 2011

How I survived Monday

My first day's strategy was to have no food until my dinner!!

..Sounds terrible? Well, I just woke up late around noon. That was already 30 min before my midterm started! So doubtlessly I rushed to my class without eating anything. After the test, I did not have a single moment to think about my food, writing a long message to my friend, before I went to the kick-off of this event with Campus KIVA kids. After the meeting, it was already 8pm, I finally headed down to Safeway to get some food.

What a food-saving day!!!!

Here is a critical list of what I bought today.

Cereal:            $1.99 for a box = $0.4 per day if I finish up in a week
Top Ramen:    $1.39 for 6 packs = $0.23 ea
Bread:            $0.59 for 20 slices = $0.03 ea
Bananas          $1.64 for 6 = $0.27 ea
Peanut Butter: $3.69 for a big jar = $0.37 per day if I eat a half in a week



So here's my plan: breakfast with cereal; lunch with 4 slices of bread with peanut butter & 1 banana; dinner with 2 packs of Top Ramen. This sums up to $1.62. And this means I can have better quality of my dinner than only 2 top ramen! Maybe potatoes, or some vegetables.



At least for tonight, this was my dinner! Hope it will develop!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Best of luck with your challenge, Ken! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot! Thanks for your wishes, Erika! So far I've been enjoying it :]

    ReplyDelete